Tuesday, December 19, 2017

"What did I get from winning a Gold Medal from CLC? Self confidence." ~ C.M. Huddleston



"Winning a Gold Medal from CLC for Greg’s First Adventure in Time changed how I think about my writing. I always wanted to be a writer, but six books later I had begun to doubt my abilities. Sales came sporadically at best, and past the first flurry about my venture into middle grade fiction, I had just about decided to go back to nonfiction full time. I didn’t even remember entering the book in the contest when the announcement of the finalists arrived on 1 June. As I waited from 1 June 1 to 1 July’s announcement of the awards, my confidence grew. Someone had recognized that I possessed at least some talent. I worked hard each day writing Greg’s Third Adventure in Time. That bit of praise spilled over into my nonfiction work as well. What did I get from winning a Gold Medal from CLC? Self confidence. Sometimes the best prize of all is just that bit of recognition for doing a good job at what you love most to do. I love writing. I think I’ll keep going."

~2016 Literary Classics  
 GOLD Award Winning Author
 C.M. Huddleston, Kentucky, U.S.A.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Literary Classics provides valuable exposure for titles that may otherwise go unrecognized and gives award winners an emblem and platform to use in their promotions." Gregory A. Fournier

"From my standpoint, winning a silver medal award in 2017 and a gold medal in 2018 are great motivators as I work on my current proj...