Tuesday, December 19, 2017

"The first thing that gave me the greatest boost was the comprehensive and positive review that Literary Classics gave" ~ Melanie Schwapp



"Dew Angels was my first novel, and after being turned down by many of the traditional publishing houses, I decided to bite the bullet and self-publish. Of course, the thought that the book was turned down because it might not have been good enough was one which caused me a lot of trepidation. But as the book was more and more favorably received by readers, I gained a little more confidence in its worth and decided to enter it in the Literary Classics Book Awards. The first thing that gave me the greatest boost was the comprehensive and positive review that Literary Classics gave to Dew Angels. Then, a few months later, when I heard I'd been awarded the Words on Wings Top Honors Book Award for young adult fiction I remember shaking with joy as I informed my family. My book was really meaningful to readers!!!

After the local Jamaican papers printed the press release, I received many calls and emails from individuals, bookstores and fairs wanting copies. I even had people telling me that now that they knew the book was great for young adults, they needed copies for Christmas gifts. It has been such a fulfilling experience as a first time novelist to be assured that I am doing something right."

~2014 Literary Classics GOLD Award Winning Author
2014 Words on Wings Top Honors Award Recipient
Melanie Schwapp, Miami, Florida, U.S.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Literary Classics provides valuable exposure for titles that may otherwise go unrecognized and gives award winners an emblem and platform to use in their promotions." Gregory A. Fournier

"From my standpoint, winning a silver medal award in 2017 and a gold medal in 2018 are great motivators as I work on my current proj...